Yes, we know this recipe looks like shit, which is why we fondly refer to it as “poo oats”….but don’t let this turn you off! They’re actually delish.
However, it’s full of protein, antioxidants (who doesn’t want to look younger and avoid disease?), fibre (to help you shit) and tastes like chocolate pudding, without all the sugar.
It’s a great way to start the day with a balanced meal or finish the day if you’re feeling lazy and can’t be bothered to make dinner.
Prep and cooking time: 8 minutes
- 80g whole rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pea, brown rice or hemp protein
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 100g raspberries
- 100g cup pomegranate
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Mix the oats, cacao powder and protein together in a small mixing bowl
- Heat the almond milk in a large non stick saucepan, over a medium heat, until just simmering.
- Add the oat mixture and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid has reduce. Add ¼ cup more almond milk if you prefer a creamier texture.
- Top the two servings of cooked oats evenly with coconut yoghurt, raspberries, pomegranate and pumpkin seeds.