I’m such a sucker for a stir fry (Augusta). It requires minimal cleaning and you can make such small tweaks to the sauce, protein, carbs and toppings to have a different one everyday of the week. If I wasn’t cooking for Courtney too I would legit live off stir fry.
If you aren’t a fan of sweet chilli (there is something wrong with you), you can replace with honey but reduce to 1 tbsp (instead of 2.5 in this recipe), increase the soy to 1.5 tbsp, increase the rice wine to 2 tsp and add in 1 tsp of sesame oil. Such a small tweak but such a big difference in flavour.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large red chilli, diced
- 1 small aubergine (eggplant), diced
- 200g long stem broccoli, sliced along length in 1-2inch pieces
- 100g baby corn, sliced in 1cm pieces
- 350g prawns
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 100g mange tout
- 2.5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 80g cashew nuts, toasted
- Brown rice to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in wok wok or large frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli for 1-2mins or until golden.
- Add the aubgerine (eggplant), broccoli and, baby corn. Fry for 3-4mins or until it begins to soften and the aubergine isn’t as white. If it starts to brown the pan add a splash of water.
- Add the prawns and lime juice and stir for 1-2mins.
- Add the mangetout, sweetchilli, soy, rice wine and fish sauce. Cook for 2-3mins or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Prepare the cashew nuts by toasting off in a small non stick pan until golden and slightly chared.
- Serve with brown rice, lime wedges and evenly scatter the cashews on top.