Sticky chicky meatballs. Guys, stop what you’re doing and save this recipe! It’s sooo good and super quick to make. If you feel a bit weird about chicken mince (Fi and Steph aren’t convinced), then use thinly sliced breasts or beef mince.
- 200g, uncooked brown rice
- 800g chicken, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp soy
- 4 tbsp raw thick honey
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine
- 1.5 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 orange, juiced
Stir fry veg
- 2 pak choy heads, sliced
- 125g baby corn, diced
- 2 large carrots, ribboned
- 200g long stem broccoli
- Prepare the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken, garlic, ginger and season with salt.
- Once mixed, mould into slightly larger than golf ball sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan, fry the meatballs on high heat until browned and golden on the outside (roughly 8mins). Reduce the heat and cook for a further 10mins.
- While the meatballs are cooking, in a small non stick saucepan, add all the sauce ingredients and cook on medium/low heat for 5-8mins, stirring often. You want it to thicken up and coat a wooden spoon. It should be fairly sticky and thick. Set aside and prepare the veggies.
- Once the chicken meatballs are finished cooking, set them aside and in the same pan, add all the veg (no need for additional oil). Cook the veg on high heat for 8-10mins, or until desired crunch. If it starts to stick to the pan add a dash of water.
- Serve the meatballs with rice, veg and as much sticky sauce on top of the meatballs as you desire (usually 1.5 tbsp per person).
Have a recipe suggestions for us here at Today with Rosé? Email us at email@example.com.